History of Maximum Athletics

In January 1995, the Conroe gym opened it doors with 25 students under the name Acrotex Gymnastics.  The Conroe location was a satellite of Acrotex Huntsville, which Derrick also managed.  The original Conroe location was in a small strip center on South Frazier street with only 4500 square feet.  By 1996 Acrotex Conroe had experienced rapid growth and Derrick was only managing the Conroe location.  In 1997 Acrotex had aquired enough students to purchase property in Conroe to build it's own freestanding facility.  

In February 1999, we moved into the new 9,000 square foot building at 1500 Wilson Rd. in Conroe.  This building is our current Conroe location!  The Conroe location quickly gained students growing to 700 students in 2001 and 2002.  

In October 2003, Derrick purchased the business from Acrotex and Maximum Athletic Center was born!  The name was chosen from a long list of ideas turned in by students and parents!

In 2008, with a tough times and a sinking economy, Maximum began searching for an opportunity to open a satellite location. A few tumbling classes were taught out of Lone Star Jazz under the Maximum name!

In 2009, a lease was signed on a 7,500 square foot retail space off of Woodlands Parkway and 2978.

August 30, 2010 we opened our doors as Maximum Athletics - The Woodlands with 40 students.  Growth happened rapidly and in 2011 we had over 900 students and we needed to expand.  We took over the retail space next to us which added 1500 square feet totaling 9,000.  The search began for our permanent facility shortly after.

On February 22, 2016 we opened our doors to our Flagship location - The Woodlands.  The building is over 31,000 square feet.  Five different competitive disciplines are offered as well as 8 different recreational programs.  We offer something for everyone in your family!

Maximum Gymnastics The Woodlands

Stop By For A Visit!

Directions